Current Job Openings at Rinehart Clinic & Pharmacy:
- Medical Assistant I
Medical Assistant I
Job Summary: The Medical Assistant will perform duties to assist the Clinic providers in the delivery of primary medical care as needed and within the parameters of their certification.
- Prepares patients for provider, including greeting patients, patient check-in and check-out, questioning patients as to problems, recording chief complaint, obtaining vital signs and other lab work as indicated and prepares patients for individual treatment and appropriate examinations.
- Assists providers in healthcare activities, performance of diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures.
- Helps keep providers on schedule; monitors and adjusts patient flow and limits interruptions.
- Ensures an appropriate environment for delivery of healthcare by assisting, in general, with maintenance and housekeeping (e.g., maintaining equipment, locking and securing areas, and maintaining work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Participates in daily team huddle with assigned provider.
- Collects viable specimens from the clinic’s patients, performs all in-house testing, prepares specimens/records for outside lab procedures and records lab results.
- Records results of all appropriate labs in the patient’s medical record.
- Gives injections only under the medical supervision of the provider.
- Completes all records and reports as assigned and supervised.
- Participates in the community health center’s quality assurance activities and performs duties in accordance with applicable standards.
- Develops and maintains skills by seeking consultation from appropriate sources.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, organizing provider’s priorities.
- Makes follow-up telephone calls to patients on lab/radiology reports and makes appointments.
- Attends all clinical updates, meetings and trainings.
- Assists in tracking patient care in the OCHIN system.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Participates as a team member.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to proficiently and accurately read and write in English.
- Excellent telephone, communication and interviewing skills.
- Proficient computer skills; ability to use multiple types of programs, i.e., word processing, electronic health record.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and perform efficiently and effectively in a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced setting.
- Empathy and understanding of patients with special needs.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- High School graduate with 0-1 year of experience in a primary medical care setting and/or completion of a medical assistant’s educational program at an accredited school.
- With one year of experience as a medical assistant prior to employment, certification exam must be passed within six months of employment.
- With no experience as a medical assistant prior to employment, certification exam must be passed within 15 months of employment.
- Experience with an electronic medical record.
- Ability to learn to perform laboratory tests and willingness to assist other staff as necessary.
- Ability to make accurate technical and visual observations of patients.
- Ability to relate well to patients and staff.
- Current CPR certification.
- Standing/walking; predominant daily position.
- Bending, stooping, lifting, positioning; predominant daily physical activities while performing duties within clinic practice.
- In performing job duties may be exposed to blood and body fluids and hazardous chemicals; sight, auditory, tactile and olfactory senses exposure.
- Operating technical equipment.
- Computer screen, mouse and keyboard usage.
- Telephone usage.
- May be required to work various shifts, weekends, holidays or overtime.