Current Job Openings at Rinehart Clinic:
Job Summary: This position provides support to the Rinehart Clinic by performing a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
- Responsible for daily bookkeeping and accounting activities.
- Manages the accounts payable/bill paying to ensure timely payment and maximum discounts, while maintaining optimum cash flow.
- Reconciles bank accounts.
- Maintains general ledger and is responsible for monthly closing activities.
- Ensures various journal entries are entered in a timely fashion.
- Tracks all vendors and reviews contracts yearly.
- Maintains fixed asset accounts.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Follows operational policies and procedures within the facility to ensure adequate fiscal controls.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Attends required meetings as directed.
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing and organizing.
- Cross trains and performs other duties as assigned based on business operational needs
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to base decision-making on sound principles related to cost containment in the facility.
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Associate degree and 2 years of previous experience required.
- Experience in mainframe accounting systems and PC based systems, required.
- 10-key by touch
- High level of competency with spreadsheet creation and maintenance.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to analyze reports and interpret data.
- Must be able to pass national background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Summary: The Medical Assistant will perform duties to assist the Clinic providers in the delivery of primary medical care as needed and within the parameters of their experience and/or certification.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepares patients for provider, including greeting patients, patient check-in and check-out, questioning patients as to problems, recording chief complaint, obtaining vital signs and other lab work as indicated and prepares patients for individual treatment and appropriate examinations.
- Assists providers in healthcare activities, performance of diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures.
- Helps keep providers on schedule; monitors and adjusts patient flow and limits interruptions.
- Ensures an appropriate environment for delivery of healthcare by assisting, in general, with maintenance and housekeeping (e.g., maintaining equipment, locking and securing areas, and maintaining work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Participates in daily team huddle with assigned provider.
- Collects viable specimens from the clinic’s patients, performs all in-house testing, prepares specimens/records for outside lab procedures and records lab results.
- Records results of all appropriate labs in the patient’s medical record.
- Gives injections only under the medical supervision of the provider.
- Completes all records and reports as assigned and supervised.
- Participates in the community health center’s quality assurance activities and performs duties in accordance with applicable standards.
- Develops and maintains skills by seeking consultation from appropriate sources.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, organizing provider’s priorities.
- Makes follow-up telephone calls to patients on lab/radiology reports and makes appointments.
- Attends all clinical updates, meetings and trainings.
- Assists in tracking patient care in the OCHIN system.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Ability to proficiently and accurately read and write in English.
- Excellent telephone, communication and interviewing skills.
- Proficient computer skills; ability to use multiple types of programs, i.e., word processing, electronic health record.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and perform efficiently and effectively in a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced setting.
- Empathy and understanding of patients with special needs.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- High School graduate with 0-1 year of experience in a primary medical care setting and/or completion of a medical assistant’s educational program at an accredited school.
- With one year of experience as a medical assistant prior to employment, certification exam must be passed within six months of employment.
- With no experience as a medical assistant prior to employment, certification exam must be passed within 15 months of employment.
- Experience with an electronic medical record.
- Ability to learn to perform laboratory tests and willingness to assist other staff as necessary.
- Ability to make accurate technical and visual observations of patients.
- Ability to relate well to patients and staff.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation and sick time. Medical, dental and vision coverage are effective first day of hire.
IT Help Desk/Electronic Medical Record Specialist
Job Summary: The IT Help Desk/Electronic Medical Record Specialist will provide immediate end-user support and training. This includes advanced application support, workflow integration, troubleshooting, and consulting on all related Electronic Medical Record systems.
Rinehart Clinic is a primary care community-based Federally Qualified Health Center located on the beautiful Northern Oregon coast in Tillamook County. The Clinic is minutes from hiking and biking trails, kayaking, year-round fishing, wineries, ocean vistas and the nearby cities of Manzanita and Nehalem Bay.
- Oversight of all hardware and software used by the staff and the organization.
- Installs, replaces and configures components, diagnoses problems and performs preventive maintenance on computer equipment and related networks and systems.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains needed software.
- Provides on-boarding, off-boarding and IT orientation for staff.
- Provides data migration as needed.
- Provides daily support to EPIC applications’ users through troubleshooting, coaching and consulting.
- Identifies, assesses and troubleshoots application and equipment issues as they occur and seeing it through to full resolution. Refers to OCHIN Help Desk, etc. as needed.
- Runs all needed reports and maintains a report distribution schedule.
- Provides coaching, training and consulting to end-user to facilitate learning of basic and specialized applications.
- Collaborates with OCHIN and serves as liaison with OCHIN.
- Manages new test features and upgrades prior to implementation.
- Provides technical support for all new functionalities.
- Attends appropriate internal and external meetings as the EPIC expert.
- Background and understanding of the medical record/electronic health record flow and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding systems preferred.
- Understanding of database fundamentals/architecture.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and provide superior internal and external customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with basic word processing and presentation applications (Microsoft office suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience in healthcare setting with demonstrated understanding of clinical practice preferred but not mandatory.
Job Type: Full-time